Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moving Day???

The apartment I have my name on WAS supposed to be ready for me to move in on the 28th of July. However, I got a call yesterday that the people won't be out by then, so it is now opening about the 22nd of August. But I'm not holding my breath this time. And I'm not writing it on any calendars unless it has at least 3 questions marks after it: Moving Day???

I guess, on the upside, I have more time to consider paint options. On the downside, I could possibly be moving on the day my Katie flies to England. Which seems sad, even though it's not like we live together (or even in the same state) now.

Why does stuff like this matter so much to me? I keep thinking I'll grow out of letting things like this disappoint me so much. So I'm now moving in about 2 months, instead of in 1 month. It's not like anything about my schedule changes in August--I'm not on a school-year calendar. Why am I so disappointed?

2 comments:

Macoco said...

I would be disappointed too! That is such a bummer. But like you said, now you have more time to figure out paint stuff. ;)

Katie said...

I would be disappointed too, honey. And the idea of "home" has always meant a lot to you - small wonder that you get upset when it changes.

On the bright side, at least you won't be half packed up when I'm there. We can just enjoy your current lovely apartment, and then I can come see you sometime in your new one!