Saturday, June 23, 2007

Felted Tote Bag Update

"Hi. My name is Bethany, and I'm a perfectionist." I admire those people who are comfortable with posting pictures of WIP (work in progress) projects (for examples, see: Betty's great series on designing knit patterns or Jen's many lovely socks). I hate letting people see the not-yet-finished project. I also feel like I work very slowly since I'm still learning, which only adds to the frustration. No one wants to see pictures of a 58 row project on row 8, row 12, row 30, row 42, row 50 and row 58. So I'm never sure when to post pictures and when to wait until I've gone "just a little further."
But here goes...

This is the progress I've made on my felted tote bag so far:
And here's a close-up of the pre-felted WIP (I'm really loving this color!):


The next step will be to add this yarn to the two strands of wool, so that it gets felted in by the wool and forms a band near the top of the bag:


6 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Bethany, a perfectionist? I never would have guessed. :) Hope all is going well in Nashvegas

Betty said...

I usually post a picture in the beginning when I am starting. Yarn/swatch with the book/pattern/magazine. And then I'll have 2 or so in progress pictures, usually when I've reached a milestone, all pieces knit and ready for seaming. Then there's the FO to show the glory that is the finished knit!

Jen said...

Ha, I'll post pictures of anything, and when that fails, I post pictures of the cats. I'm completely indiscriminate.

Katie said...

It looks fantastic! I love that color too, and am so jealous that you have a wonderful project going. I haven't been inspired in months. Maybe I can at least start on something before I come to Nashvegas...

Unknown said...

I'm just envious of how even your gauge is, especially for a beginner. I've been knitting for a year and mine's definitely not that good.


I'm making a sweater sometime soon, so I'm hoping that'll help.

my blog, btw: http://starfishrevolution.wordpress.com

Julie said...

Honestly, I'm completely envious that you can knit. The bag looks glorious!