Tuesday, June 19, 2007

8 Things About Me

Not so recently, my friend Kyleen tagged me in a meme...however, I am just now getting around to actually answering it. So here goes.

Eight random things about about me:

1) I still have two baby teeth. I had three until I got one pulled during my freshman year of college. My adult teeth have already grown in behind the two teeth that are left, so the dentist says there's no point in pulling them now.

2) I am afraid of bowling alleys. I have no idea why, but I'll tell you right now that repeated attempts to "overcome fear by facing it" have NOT worked. When I get there, I don't think I feel afraid, but after 45 min to an hour, my chest starts aching from being tense. I know everyone loves bowling, and it's a great family night, date night, youth group outing, etc...but I just can't handle it. I'm not sure if it's the darkness, the loudness, the smokiness (of most bowling alleys), or the fact that my feet never grew, so I still have to wear the hideous neon orange Velcro shoes, rather than just the ugly lace-up red and blue ones...but the point is I'd rather do just about anything else on earth.

3) I have been fascinated by geology my whole life. Yes, I have a rock collection.

4) I love looking at all sorts of mail-order catalogues--everything from Dell to J.C. Penney's, to Victorian Trading Company to Smith & Hawkin to catalogues of classes offered at community colleges. Did you know that even Target has a catalogue? They're full of gorgeous pictures of rooms filled with Target home furnishings. They come addressed to the guy that lived here before me (with a first name like 15 consonants long), but I figure if I bring it in from my mail box, it's mine. : )

5) I tend to kill about 1/3 of the plants I try to grow....despite my mother's green thumb, I apparently lack the ability to water on schedule.

6) My favorite flowers are the miniature-yet-highly-fragranced daffodil-type wildflowers that grow rampantly along the country roads in East Texas.

7) I am allergic to acetaminophen--yep, that's right--to Tylenol. However, I do not have any food or seasonal allergies.

8) I am one of those exceedingly lucky people who got chicken pox not just once, but TWICE--once when I was 4, and once in 2nd grade.

Edits:

I'm supposed to tag some people who haven't done this meme recently, so...Sheila, Sarah, Jen, Betty, and Jeremiah!

2 comments:

KMH said...

And here I thought you'd just forgotten all about it. ;o) Any plans on tagging anyone else? Love your blog!

Betty said...

If only I had interesting things to say about myself! :)

So will the baby teeth just fall out on its own eventually?