Saturday, October 6, 2007

Things for which I am grateful (a substantial, but not all-inclusive list)...

1) My grandma who lives in Florida is better. She was released from the hospital exactly one hour before her 90th birthday party, but she made it, and so did my mother and her two brothers, and about 55 other people! : )

2) The lovely red rug which I found on clearance for no apparent reason. (see picture below)
3) The new throw pillows for the couch, which I made myself for less than $3.82 each! More pics/story to come on those...as soon as I finish stuffing the 2nd one.

4) My new apartment, which (after removing 2.5 million stacked boxes) feels luxuriously spacious for a single girl like me. : )

5) The friends in my church Lifegroup (who will hopefully come to my new apartment this Sunday).

6) Yummy candles and coupons for free Pumpkin Pie Lotion at one of my favorite stores!

7) Department store Bonus Time exactly the week I run out of both moisturizer and makeup! I know it sounds silly, but I feel I can't afford to pay that much for such non-necessities...unless it comes with twice as much make up for free!

8) Online scrabble. Should have a surgeon general's warning about addiction.

9) Lunch with my roomie's fiance, and a couple hours spent reminiscing about the past, and discussing plans for the future. There's nothing like catching up with good friends.

10) A long phone call with another good friend, who sends me lovely samplers of tea and stationery, and catches me up on all the newest marriages, books, and other fun stuff from A-town. ; )

11) My adorable niece. I've been sorting though pictures to frame today, and I am constantly amazed at how she can continue to get steadily cuter by the day. (see pic below)

12) My dependable, Texas-plated car Anabelle. Last night I accidentally left my purse in my car and didn't realize it until it was late enough I was afraid to go out and get it. Then, I had two separate nightmares about someone seeing the purse in plain sight, and breaking the back window glass of my car to get in and steal it (along with my credit cards, ipod, and identity inside). My first thought when I woke up was, "Oh drat, that was a dream! I'll have to call and cancel those stolen credit cards all over again!" Then I remembered that it might or might not have actually happened, so I threw on some clothes, ran outside with my keys, and... Anabelle was sitting happily in the shade, all windows intact, and my purse still on the seat.

And I am thankful. : )

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am thankful for you, precious girl. I miss our chats. And I agree with your niece getting cuter by the day. She is exactly the image of her mama in this picture.

Julie said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you and your family!

And I agree with your assessment of "Pushing Daisies." I don't know how much longevity the show has, but I'll happily be addicted to it while it lasts! :)

KMH said...

1) Hooray for Grandma!
2) I love that rug! I want one! Where did you get it?
3) Did you use a pattern to make them? Did you sew them on a machine? I can't wait to see the next post about them.
4) I want to come visit and see this new apartment . . .
5) Hosting my homegroup has been wonderful for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
6) B&BW? Is it yummy?
7) You're a frugal girl, just like me!
8) It is VERY addicting. And very fun. :o)
9) Yay lunch, and old friends.
10) Yay phone calls, and old friends.
11) She's so precious . . .
12) That's DEFINITELY a "Thank you Jesus!" moment!

Old friends, old friends . . . I'm seeing a theme here!