Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Top Seventeen Things I Did This Weekend...

1) Flying to Dallas (I love to fly...and I love airports!)

2) My very first American taxi ride (though I have ridden in taxis in Indonesia, Uruguay, Argentina, France and England)
3) Learning that my roommate Katie got engaged on Friday night!!! (Isn't it sparkly?)


4) Seeing my friend Kaela for the first time in 6 months (and she brought chocolate!!!)

5) Seeing my friend Chan for the first time in 9 months!

6) Random road trip with Kaela and Chan to Abilene to see the ring/my newly-engaged Katie.
7) Lunch at Ann Thai Kitchen on Saturday with Katie, Kaela, Chan, Eric, and (briefly) Jeremiah

8) Shopping at Zida, where I got these gorgeous earrings!



9) Seeing Abi and Leigh Anne

back at Katie's adorable flat


10) Getting to ride on Mark's shiny red motorcycle


11) Seeing Jack Maxwell's Jacob's Dream sculpture--funding courtesy of our graduating class, and some wing details courtesy of my friend Chan (who was a student of J. Maxwell at the time of its creation)



12) Seeing Wicked with Kaela (and discovering that I do still fit in the dress I'd bought, but had never worn)

13) Waiting outside of the stage entrance after the show, and collecting autographs from each of the cast members!

14) Going downtown Fort Worth to Sundance Square

15) Wonderful (real) Mexican food at Mi Cocina

16) Browsing til closing time in the Barnes&Noble with the giant horse statue

17) A lovely walk down windy streets under trees filled with dancing lights
All in all...the best three day trip I've ever had!

Leigh Anne, Me, and Katie (roomies from last summer)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I looooooove these pictures. And I love you! I was so so so so glad to get to see you this weekend, dear!

Walking by Walden said...

Ann's Thai kitchen! I miss it! How are you friend? Is graduate school in your plans?

Bethany said...

Just for the record...I did NOT take pictures 1 and 2...but all the rest are mine!