Thursday, May 24, 2007

goodbyes...and other friends...




Last night at church, I said goodbye to one of my new Nashville friends. Lori is moving for happy reasons: because she's getting married in December, and her fiance has already started a youth ministry job in Knoxville, and she's gonna live in their apartment and get it all fixed up so he can move in in December. But she's leaving a large, Lori-shaped hole in our singles group that will be kinda hard to fill.

On Sunday afternoon, we had an official goodbye party for her (click on the picture above to see the rest of them), at a house w/ a pool in Murfreesboro. It was good to be able to see Lori and say goodbye, but it was equally good because it reminded me that I also have many friends here who are staying...at least for the moment.

And one more pic, just for fun!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Bethany!

What great pictures - Tim and I enjoyed them lots so thanks for sharing them.

We missed you tonight at SnB. I hope you're having a good week and that we'll see you soon.

Sheila

KMH said...

Friendship is such an interesting cycle. Remember, though, that there's still something special about long-distance friends -- they're a great reason to travel! (Hint, hint!)

By the way, you've been tagged -- check my blog: http://texannewyorker.wordpress.com